Intuitive Healing at Watson Chiropractic
What is Intuitive Healing?
Intuitive Healing sessions combine a variety of massage therapy and energy work techniques to restore balance and help your body heal from the physical, emotional, and chemical stressors that are part of your everyday life.
Stress comes to us in three different forms: thoughts (emotional stress), traumas (physical stress), and toxins (chemical stress). When we experience stress, it changes the hormonal and metabolic balance of your body. This imbalance can lead to chronic inflammation, gut issues, fatigue, anxiety, depression, and other negative effects. When we reduce your body’s stress load, we reduce the cortisol and stress hormones that contribute to chronic inflammation, and your body is better able to adapt to stressful events in the future.
What can I expect during my session?
The average session is 70 minutes long. Your massage therapist will go over your intake paperwork and discuss any areas of physical and emotional stress you may be experiencing. This interview process will inform the types of techniques used during your session.
Unlike the massage experience you receive at a day spa, the Intuitive Healing approach is to get a whole picture of your health, not just an acute pain complaint. Your session will be focused and tailored to your individual needs and may include any of the following techniques:
- Cranio Sacral Therapy
- Theraputic Massage
- Joint Mobilization/Stretching
- Myofacial Release
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage
- Energy Work
Depending on your past experience with massage, Intuitive Healing sessions may be lighter than what you are used to. These techniques can achieve relief without going deep into the tissues. The lighter touch also makes it an appropriate therapy for children, the elderly, and anyone with chronic pain.
What are the benefits?
Intuitive Healing is an excellent complement to chiropractic care. Possible benefits include:
- Lessens the strain between connective tissue and balances connective tissue layers surrounding the brain and spinal cord, allowing your cerebral spinal fluid to flow freely without constriction.
- Reduce physical discomfort by reducing inflammation and metabolic waste products.
- Restores autonomic nervous system’s flexibility and adaptability
- Enhances flow of blood and fluids throughout the body
- Improves the internal environment for the brain, spinal cord, and central nervous system.
- Promotes healing and removes toxins.
- Reduced stress can help you be more focused and creative with work/life tasks, and more positively engaged with everyday life.
- Deep relaxation state helps the body’s natural healing abilities.
- Enhances your body’s physical and emotional response to exercise and diet.
- Balances the nervous system and strengthens immune system.
- Mental, physical, and emotional clarity.
Because the techniques used have such a profound effect on the nervous system, Intuitive Healing has the ability to influence a wide range of complaints:
- Chronic inflammation
- Auto-immune disorders
- Lymphatic issues
- Adrenal exhaustion
- Autism spectrum/ADHD
- Sleep disorders
- Vision problems
- TMJ pain & headaches
- Sinus issues
- Chronic fatigue
- Colic and ear infections in infants
About Elena Aragon, LCMT/CMLDT
Self-care Is a journey, and the first step is to simply acknowledge that you deserve to be loved and cared for. Do you feel like you’re struggling to get through the day? You’re not alone. From addictions, to PTSD, to eating disorders, to suicide, I’ve felt and been through it all.
A few years back, I was constantly sick and nothing seemed to make me feel better. Depression had a heavy hold on me, and there were days that I found it almost impossible to get out of bed. Prescription medication never helped, and I was scared that nothing would work for me.
After waking up one right with extreme knee pain (and no prior injury), I knew there had to be a deeper, energetic cause for everything that I was experiencing. I searched for clues and spoke with other people in my field, until finally I was introduced to craniosacral therapy. Although I was skeptical at first, I fell in love with the work and enrolled at the Sacred Journey Institute soon after. This practice has changed my life, my body, and my perspective on the world. Now that I’ve discovered the light in the dark, I want to share it with you!
When I’m not working, you can catch me volunteering as a lead massage therapist for the Chicago Marathon, practicing yoga, enjoying sound-healing therapy and taking part in various meditation events around Chicago. I also love traveling, connecting with healers, and going to the local discoteca to groove to some house and techno music.
After looking fear and evil in the face, I have immense gratitude for what it has given me in return. The opportunity to help others and cherish my gift as a healer is an incredible blessing. Life is sweet. Live fearlessly. Love unconditionally.
- Clinical Massage Therapy, Soma Institute
- Massage for People with Cancer, Isabel Adkins
- Klose Training Manual Lymphatic Drainage Certification, Rene Janiece CLT, NCTMB
- Cranial Sacral Therapy, Sacred Journey Institute (ongoing, currently level 5 of 7)