Dr. Sarah came up with this "toddler milk" recipe for her own son after doing research on home-made alternatives for baby formula. Because he's three, it includes a bunch of healthy fats, protein, and probiotics suitable for toddlers and older children to help get them an extra dose of nutrients!
Toddler Coconut Milk
Makes 1 5oz serving
You will need:
• 1 teaspoon (4g) colostrum*
• 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) Grass-fed goat milk Ghee or MCT oil
• 1/4 teaspoon (1.2 mL) Organic Hi-Oleic sunflower oil (La TourAngelle®)
• 1/8 teaspoon (.6 mL) Expeller-pressed grapeseed oil (La TourAngelle®)
• 1/8 teaspoon (.6 mL) Unsulphered blackstrap molasses (Wholesome™)
• Nordic Naturals DHA Supplement for Infants* (dosage based on weight)
• 1 scoop Nutrient powder such as Standard Process Cyrofood* or NutraGen Pure Plant Protein*
• 1 scoop or Klaire Labs Infant Probiotic* powder
· Unflavored, unsweetened coconut milk
Mix oils and molasses in a measuring cup or shaker bottle with ounce markings. Use your child’s weight to determine how much DHA supplement is needed, then add the DHA, nutrient powder, and probiotic powder to the oil and molasses mixture. Mix everything together for a smooth consistency, then top off with enough coconut milk for a 5oz. serving. Give it another good mix to combine, then serve!
*Only sold to providers, available from Watson Chiropractic